Mass Effect: Male and Female Turian Masks
I'm making some turians! These are a little different from how Garrus was done; the face plates and mandibles are cast resin pieces rather than latex, but the overall principle is similar.
These masks are being made to as closely resemble the in-game aliens from Mass Effect as possible. The face is set a few inches in front of the wearer's face (less so for the females), which better matches a turian's profile. The wearer sees through several areas - the space around the eyes, through the nose and mouth, and through a few cutout sections in other parts of the mask. The turian eyes are made of glass and give a wonderfully realistic look!
Want a mask?
- Female Turian Raw Mask Kit Order Form
- Male Turian Raw Mask Kit Order Form
- Garrus Raw Mask Kit Order Form
- Female Turian Face and Marking Guides
- Male Turian Face and Marking Guides
- Turian Tattoo Database - Covers a wide variety of facial markings from ME and ME2 (external link)
- Female Turian Instruction Guide (v1 - individual teeth)
- Female Turian Instruction Guide (v2 - tooth plates)
- Male Turian Instruction Guide (v1 - individual teeth)
- Male Turian Instruction Guide (v2 - tooth plates)
Female mask sculpting pics:
Mask molds (more details about the molding process):
Comparison between male and female mask faceplates:
Sculpting the lower jaws (and crest for the male mask):
Female and male mandibles:
Eyes and teeth:
Available For Sale:
|Mask kit - Female - via rednebulastudios.com|
|Mask kit - Garrus - via rednebulastudios.com|
|Mask kit - Male - via rednebulastudios.com|
|Turian individual kit pieces - via rednebulastudios.com|
© 2017 Sculpture work and all photos by Sarrah Wilkinson
Page last updated: 8/1/2015
Keywords: turian masks, male, female, cast resin, work in progress, wip, Mass Effect, aliens
Related Blogs View All
Male Turian Mask Kit - Mandible Placement (posted by Sarrah Wilkinson on 4/16/2014)
A series of close-up photos showing the placement of the mandibles on the male turian mask kit.
Female Turian Mask in Progress (posted by Sarrah Wilkinson on 11/23/2013)
Molding and casting my female turian mask for the first time.